Monday, May 25, 2009
Back from Amazing Malaysia Race
whew! TIRED..........
Just came back from the Nissan Fuel Frugal Challenge last Saturday. Was a damn tiring trip but had a great experience!! Now I can finally say that I've driven to Malaysia before! Haha
Anyways my bro and I reached Tan Chong Motors @ Bukit Timah before 430am! Freaking 430AM!!!!! Had complementary Mac breakfast and briefing before heading out to Malaysia... All before FREAKING 6AM!
Headed up to Kulai, Malaysia for fuel pumping before starting the race. This is how they play: 5mins to pump your own petrol to full tank, seal up tank, drive allllllll the way for 500km+, unseal tank, staff will pump up to full tank again, whichever team that pump the least and traveled the further wins the race.
And so what we saw was ppl pushing and shaking their cars vigorously to squeeze every drop of petrol into their tanks... Including us.. Another technique is of course, to turn off aircon during the ride... Not wanting to die driving, we didn't do that, which is one of the reason why we didn't win as well.
We drove for 530km total, surprisingly it only used up 1/2 tank of petrol!! Kinda amazing! Also amazing is we consistently drove about 70-80km/hr on the North-South Expressway... Crazy stuff!
Anyways the winner was a team of 2 uncles, one is quite old btw. I believe they won cos they're driving a sedan model, and most probably turned off the aircon as well. No wonder they looked pale during the announcement...
Overall the trip was damn tiring and everything is rushed! But I wanna drive up to Malaysia again! To KL or even Genting and beyond! @ 140km/hr! :D
Now who can lend me their car to do that?
Labels: fuel frugal, malaysia